Date for your diary. Trophy 2020

6 Likes

Is it true that there was a meeting of Mirai live members last year at the trophy? Is something like that planned for the upcoming trophy too?

Whoā€™s going and how do we organize to meet up?

Well I for one am going. I guess itā€™s best to wait until an official schedule will be published. Then weā€™ll just agree on a place and time and meet. Or we could go out for dinner or drinks, idk.

I just wondered if a meeting is already like a regular thing of if something will be communicated by Mirai. I think I remember Ryan mentioned something like this on the podcast once, but I donā€™t remember which episodeā€¦

1 Like

I hope I will make it this time!

I was at the trophy last year and we met up. Iā€™m not sure how that happened though. Iā€™ll be going next year too.

lets organise a flashmob with shirts and hats!

or seriously, dinner and drinks would be a great idea. would need to have a rough idea on the size of the crowd (and if team mire would be able to make time to join, that would also be great)

@Sam
Not sure what/how it was done last year. But eventually makes sense to plan something ahead? Though it is understood that the teams schedule will be quit packed during the event.

will be there during both days: one day is not enough to visit all boots (and buy buy buy ā€¦), attend some workshops and visit the expo. Not sure I will this time attend the demos re me feedback here

Anyone know why the Trophy got renamed?

Marc no longer has anything to do with the show or club. He now does his own thing you can follow him on Facebook and see some of the great things he is doing.

I think someone reached out to Mirai via email. Then made an appointment to meet Ryan with Mirai-members after his saturday demo.

@Sam, so we have a meet up, shall ā€œsomeoneā€ organize something or s the teams schedule to busy?

Iā€™m looking forward to the 2020 Trophy but dreading it at the same time. Iā€™m taking a coach of 50 Brits to the exhibition so will be in a hell of a stress no doubt.

Last year I met Troy and his wife (lovely couple) in a bar while a few of us were having a few beverages, He told me Ryan was conducting a ā€˜meet and greetā€™ at 08:30am on the Sunday. Unfortunately I was unlikely to be making that one having only got in at 4am. So Iā€™m yet to meet Mr Neil, the time will come when the moment is right no doubt.

2 Likes

you come with 50 Britsā€¦ we need to stay away from the beach then ;-

1 Like

ā€¦ā€œto be making that one having only got in at 4amā€ : sounds like you all are passionate about bonsai discussions to talk about trees the whole night ā€¦ this is what we call ā€œdedicationā€ :grin:

Already bought my 2-day tickets to take my time to attend some discussions, go through all the commercial booths & the expo. I like to visit the expo at different moment, and changing the way I visit it: I see different perspective, notice things I havenā€™t notice in the previous tour. Will only attend demos to say hello even if the setting does not allow for some proximity as I challenged overall demos concept here What about innovating in Demos during exhibitions?

Hey @antelion! Letā€™s definitely get a Mirai Live meetup on the books. I havenā€™t spoken much with Ryan about his day to day schedule yet but will do that as soon as weā€™re back in the office from our holiday break. I believe itā€™s just Troy & Lime that are going with him this time around.

If you want to help organize this, it would be great if you could send me an email at info@bonsaimirai.com and we can chat. Thank you!!

Iā€˜ll be there on saturday. Looking forward to meet youā€¦

I will be there on Saturday, too.
A ā€œmeet and greetā€ would be greatā€¦like last year.

1 Like

Iā€™ll be there Saturday and most of Sunday. One of those on @Dean_Kelly 's coach of Brits :grin:

1 Like