Connect with other bonsai nerds in your area

I read this already few times and can’t agree more. Sadly for people outside of US this is truly the greatest and best expressed source of information I found.
I had this idea when I first came across Ryan Neil to bother him with written letters begging for becoming apprentice for as long as it takes as he did to Mr. Kimura :slight_smile:
South London UK bonsai people - where are you?? I’m in my bubble…

1 Like

Hey Matt! I’m in southeastern Michigan, right around Detroit. I’ve been researching bonsai for about a year now and have finally purchased my first couple trees (a Larch and a Japanese Maple sapling). There’s a chance I’ll be out your way soon if I’m allowed to go to a remote sensing conference for work. It’s in Traverse if I’m remembering correctly.

2 Likes

Hi I’m in Stanwood north of Seattle, south of Bellingham. A little to far from PSBA and Whatcom Skagit Bonsai Society.
BTW PSBA auction is June 2, for anyone interested.

1 Like

Which ones? Kam from Munich and looking for a nice group of other bonsai guys :blush:

1 Like

Hello Jurgen in Munich,
I live in Koenigsbrunn just south of Augsburg. My Bonsai Club Connections are in Augsburg and in Kaufering. Both welcome visitors and new members very warmly.
Will you and anyone else of our fellow Mirai Live Members be attending the Exhibition in Augsburg this Weekend?
“Bonsai Faszination 2018” It is the 40th Anniversary Exhibition of the National German Bonsai Club (Bonsai-Club-Deutschland) and will be held at the Augsburg Congress Center (Kongress am Park) in Augsburg 26-27 May.
I will be there both days helping out at Rosa Kastners vendor stand (close to the coat racks). Just ask for Karin. I would love to meet you guys in Person.:maple_leaf::dragon:

1 Like

Hi guys,
I’ll be in Augsburg this weekend. Would be nice to meet some of the members there :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Moyogi,
Sat or Sun? I’ll be there both days. Like I told Jurgen. Just ask for me at Rosa Kastner’s vendor stand.
See you therre!
Karin

1 Like

Any folks in the Toronto area? Check out the Toronto Bonsai Society (torontobonsai.org). Bonsai Show and Sale May 26 & 27, 2018.

2 Likes

I’ll be there today in the afternoon and tomorrow till 1500.
The train is rolling to Augsburg. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Kendall would it be possible to create subsections for this thread. America, Canada, UK etc so people can find members in their own area more easily.

John.

5 Likes

My name is Shane. I live just outside Salt Lake City, Utah. I serve on the board for the Bonsai Club of Utah. Look us up on Facebook if you live close by. We meet at the Sugarhouse Park Garden Center on the 4th Wednesday of every month at 7 PM.

1 Like

Vancouver, BC, Canada! Hit me up if you’re in the area and wanna talk bonsai.

1 Like

Houston TX here. Member of the Houston Bonsai Society. A solid club, but unfortunately I live on the north side and it is difficult to get to meetings mid-week each month. Most classes are at Timeless Trees in Rosenberg which is a drive, but it’s worth it.

2 Likes

That’s it!?? No one from the Sacramento Valley? Napa Valley? It would be nice to talk with people who know the weather conditions around here and what their experiences are. Ther’a a club in Sac. But that’s a bit far. I live in Vacaville, between Sac and SF and Napa’s an easier (and more pleasant) drive. If you’re from around here, reply I’d like to get to know you.

1 Like

@sailor817 I’m from the Sacramento area, Folsom to be more specific.

1 Like

Just a shout out post for our local club auction and raffle to be held this Tuesday, July 10. See attched pic for details.

1 Like

Hi Fletch. Good to know there’s someone else on the board who endures valley weather. Well Folsom isn’t exactly the valley but I’m sure your summers can get as heart as ours down here. Colder winters, though, likely more of an issue. Do you go to the Sacramento bonsai club? Seems like it would be a bit of a drive for you as well as for me. I just wish there were some local enthusiasts/expert nearby that I could talk to or watch. I just started last August and found out how much I didn’t know. Wait, that’s not true. I still don’t know how much I don’t know. Best of luck.

1 Like

Thank you Bills Bayou. Checked the GSBF site as you suggested and found three clubs/societies all within 30 minutes of my home and that meet on separate days. I am looking forward to attending one of those meetings tonight.

2 Likes

Yeah we get both extremes for sure, though I have to admit it’s pretty much an ideal location for any species of tree as long as you have a shade cloth. Not currently a memeber of the club at the moment but will be joining, Yuzo Maruyama finally persuaded me to join.

1 Like

Up north here in Sartell, MN here.

1 Like