Connect with other bonsai nerds in your area

Joining a bonsai club and connecting with other folks who are obsessed with bonsai is a huge help when you’re first starting out, or even if you’re advanced.

Use this thread to connect with other bonsai nerds in your area!

If you’re in the Portland area, BSOP - https://www.portlandbonsai.org/ - is the place to start making these connections.

@MiraiLiveMembers - What are the bonsai clubs in your area of the world?

11 Likes

My first BSOP anniversary is at the end of this month! There is almost 400 members now and a great resource for a wide range of skill levels. From monthly meeting to workshops and even our own shows. I have been learning bonsai and meeting a lot of nice people.
BSOP - Bonsai Sociaty of Portland (Oregon)

6 Likes

In Montreal there’s the ‘Societé de Bonsai et Penjing de Montréal’ (SBPM). Speaking of Montreal, any hardcore Mirai’ers in Montreal?

5 Likes

Been a member of the Bonsai Society of Upstate New York (Rochester, NY) for about 6 years. Tremendous group of people. Anyone else here from the Rochester area?

Edit to add - just noticed that the link takes you away from the forum instead of opening a new window. Is there an option to change that?

Edit again to add - I see that you can set that option (to open links in a new window) in preferences.

4 Likes

I am located in Chicago and I mostly participate in the Midwest Bonsai club & Milwaukee Bonsai club.

MY favorite place and Bonsai home is Hidden Garden Bonsai.

7 Likes

I’m in Germany located between Augsburg and Munich. I’ve profited immensely from two club connections.

5 Likes

I’m located in northern Michigan and the Vice President of the Traverse City bonsai club. Please reach out if you are near me. I love all things Mirai.

5 Likes

In Seattle on the eastside. Local bonsai shop is Bonsai Northwest. Puget Sound Bonsai Assoc. is here but i haven’t been yet due to work scheduling conflict. Any other people on here near me?

5 Likes

Hello! We have a great bonsai club here in Fort Wayne, IN. Monthly meetings, knowledgeable and down to earth people. If you are in Northeast Indiana or North West Ohio, you can message me here or there is some contact info on our website fortwaynebonsai.com, which is in desperate need of an update when I have the time :smiley_cat:

3 Likes

Keeping trees in the Yuma, Arizona area. Just a few miles east of Death Valley. No bonsai club in the area, so I would love to connect with people near me.

Though I haven’t been to a meeting (cause it’s almost a 4 hour drive each way :rofl:) I have been using the resources from the Phoenix Bonsai Society’s website to figure out what will and won’t grow in my area.

5 Likes

Recent transplant to Knoxville, TN. Looking forward to meeting the members of the Bonsai Society here and learning of the best gardens to visit :slight_smile:

1 Like

Newbie from Belgium here. The Antwerp region to be more specific. I’m currently in 2 clubs: https://www.vlaamsebonsai.be/ and http://www.vijvertuinen-tveerle.be/BonsaiSite/Page_index2/index2.html

2 Likes

Northern Ireland Bonsai Society. Meets in Belfast 2nd Friday of the mth. Great group and well worth the visit if your Local.

2 Likes

I from Ohio and been doing Bonsai for a few years. And like to learn more Mirai Live is the best and always learn more each week. thanks for the time

1 Like

Anyone near Western Colorado?

1 Like

Bonsai Society of the Carolinas here. Great videos and education from Mirai Live. Keep up the good work. Ryan was mentioned in a recent meeting due to the excellent ascetics of his trees. : )

1 Like

I have really enjoyed our Nebraska Bonsai club. We are constantly improving and adding new features for members. Our latest has been a new club offering of soils: Akadama, Pumice, and Scoria in a variety of sizes.

Great to connect with locals but its hard to beat Bonsai Mirai Live. The Mirai team is doing fantastic

2 Likes

Greeting from the Mid-Willamette Valley in Oregon. Thw Willamette Valley Bonsai Society meets every second Tuesday for most of the year at the South Salem Hall in Salem, Oregon. We’d love to have anyone interested in sharing our love fro this hobby/obsession passion. Look us up at http://www.willamettevalleybonsai.org/

Cheers!

Brian

3 Likes

What part of Ohio are you from?

1 Like

Hi Rafi
If you belong to the Montreal Club, you might know Pierre Seguin. He has been to Mirai and is a great resource. He is also a very nice fellow.

3 Likes