Pot choice for hollow Acer campestre

I can’t edit my post anymore but just incase anyone seeing this was thinking of going, Expo has been cancelled due to Coronavirus.

1 Like

I assumed it would have been @Ralph, quite sad, I wondered if I’d meet there too. I close the Museum I work for tomorrow and start working from home. It’ll be nice to be close to family and trees, but it feels rather distressing, especially for all my more elderly volunteers.

2 Likes

I’m in love!

5 Likes

Very nice! Who is the potter?

1 Like

It’s from Peter Krebs of Germany, I really love his work but I don’t believe he makes pots this size anymore, blessedly I have had the opportunity to acquire two in quick succession for two.of my favourite trees. This is just the virtual image, it isn’t in my hands yet and I won’t be repotting either for another 11 months.
This is the other pot I have on order:

3 Likes

Is it in your hands yet @Silva_Naturalis? Post some photos of the new pot for your Campestre when you get it. :smile: Would be great to see some photos of it other than in your virtual image.

1 Like

@Ralph yes, the light is poor just now, but here’s the photo I do have

Not great photos, but it’s going to look truly stunning when it’s united with the tree next year.

That’s going to look great! Big improvement on current rectangle I think.

1 Like

For sure, I’ve put up with that rectangle for a long time, but it will have been with the wait.

and thanks again for the suggestions and virtual @Ralph, it really set me on the right track after years of indecision!

No probs. :slightly_smiling_face: Looking forward to seeing an update of it repotted next spring.