Post your bonsai collection

Latest addition to my collection… a nice little hinoki that I picked up from a nursery last weekend.

6 Likes

Sup everyone!! Here i got a California Juniper surrounded by Juniper nanas.

5 Likes

Thanks everyone for sharing your collections! Inspiring me to keep going. As a newbie, hopefully I will have something worth posting in a year.

4 Likes

Updated bench pics. This doesn’t include stuff I have in the ground. My trees are ultra ugly ducklings rn and very much in development. That’s okay. I’ve only been at this a little over a year. My skill will eventually catch up with my ambition.

The triage area. This is where I keep things that need to be out of the sun for whatever reason.

First bench

Second bench

Third benches

Latest

11 Likes

All stuffed together because of intense heat. Ill elongate the front towards the end aswell:)

6 Likes

Wow, LOVE the benches. Very nice…!

2 Likes

Cool stuff. I need to change things up with my set up. Everyone here is inspiring me to lvl my game up.

The typical Mirai problem, I’d say… :grin: In the past, I was pretty happy with a few poor sticks in pots. Since I joined Mirai, my ambitions have grown exponentially.

My latest improvement was to secure the trees on my upper benches. Two trees already got blown down from the benches during thunder storms this summer. Obviously the pots broke in both cases, and I had to emergency repot the trees out of season. I hope this now belongs to the past.

Otherwise, my trees have been growing very nicely this year.

![IMG_1629|666x500](upload://1LvuH

I75qRpRmPGEercDEF9W4qd.jpeg)

8 Likes

The largest of three bonsai areas in my garden.

8 Likes

Do you have wild Tasmanian bonsai in that cage?

Added a new stand this past week.

4 Likes

The cage is for the trees that try to escape! Actually, we get a lot of wildlife (mainly possums and wallabies) who very much enjoy munching on the fresh new foliage of trees like maples, crab apples and parrotias. It’s a bit like heroin for them and saves me the disappointment of the trees stripped bare.

7 Likes

Looks great. That tree has some good potential in a few years!

1 Like

I hope so! Found it on the side of the road this spring. It took three months for it to push its first bud. This pic is about two months after that.

3 Likes

The cage is a great idea. I have been apprehensive to put anything in the ground because of the critters. My cat has apparently retired from his pest control duties so I see a bonsai coop in my near future.

1 Like

Here is a picture through the gate into my bonsai area and a new set of shelves to get a mix of sun and shade. The trees have grown up enough so most of the yard is either very sunny or very shady.

13 Likes

Hi. Thats a really nice. Are you using concrete to hold the stand?

Thanks! Yeah, the pole is about 25" into the ground and 14" above. It’s not going anywhere lol.

2 Likes

all from nursery stock, some i started in 2008 when i start in Bonsai, but all upgraded in 2017 when i join Mirai :sweat_smile:

im focused in acer, chinese elm, zelkova and jbp

9 Likes

Nice!! Ok, i got some planing to do :laughing:

2 Likes