Live stream ideas - Give us Feedback!

Like others have mentioned, I’d really like to see Ryan work on a Mugo Pine. I’d also like to see him show off an Olive.

4 Likes

I was wondering about a yamadori live stream. I know it may sound complicated, but at least some dos and don’ts, a brief look at seasonality and something about the main issues that one could encounter bringing back a tree from the mountain (or the wild in general). Maybe with some special guests in the studio like the Backcountry boys or Randy Knight, etc.
What do you think about it?

4 Likes

How about a stream on bonsai tool mantainance? Sharpening, cleaning etc. - simply how to keep tools in the best condition for a long time.

3 Likes

There are a couple of videos on YouTube by Peter Warren if interested.

I’m looking foreward to an update on the weeping style and Tamarisk in particular.

1 Like

I would like to see a stream on developing Mountain Hemlock. They are simply amazing trees!:evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

Love to see an Engelmann Spruce video on some raw stock. probably my favorite trees other than junipers in the Miria collection.

With the addition of Shinpaku Part 2, it canceled the garden design stream. Does anyone know if that will get rescheduled? I was really excited for that stream until it got canceled.

5 Likes

I believe I heard Ryan say it was pushed back to September. I am really looking forward to it as well. I have actually put my garden redesign on hold until after the stream.

3 Likes

How about something on American elm or maple species?

1 Like

Sorry I had already created this in a different post under the Design subsection. Did not realize there was a dedicated page already:

To the Mirai Team. At the start of the year on IG, I think you guys alluded to a Cascade stream coming in late Spring / Summer? Is this still in the works?

After watching the cascade that Ryan worked on in the Shinpaku Juniper Maintenance stream last year (and seeing it settle in the J Cross pot) I would love to hear Ryan’s insights into the design aesthetics of cascading bonsai’s.

Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Would love info on:

• Japanese Maples
  • More true Cedars
  • More deciduous trees
  • More modest nursery material
  • More Shohin trees
  • Yamadori collection
  • Accent planting
  • Bonsai displays
2 Likes

I would love to see something on Locust. A great American tree. I’ve been growing a starter for 7 years. It takes a while. It has at least another 5 years to go.

1 Like

looks like its slated for Sept 4th now! woohoo!

1 Like

Would love to see a video of Lime annealing copper wire…

6 Likes

Back budding - in general how to achieve it specific to species. What species are hard, impossible to get back bud (to avoid buying a tree from nursery with long branches hoping to get some new growth eg)
Seeing many posts of kind ‘what is happening to my tree’ maybe a streem with examples how to save a tree when:
1…
2…
3…
Kind of First Aid streem or so. Hope I make sense here :smirk:
And agree with all suggestions re pest control, diseases etc.

Love all streams so far :hugs:

How about having an overhead shot at the end of each live stream so that we can get a sense of how much foliage was removed?

Some insight into apex formation for different species would be great - i.e. how does one style branches into a effective and convincing apex rather than simply sticking the top branch up in the air!

3 Likes

Looks like you guys are really trying to work though these desired topics. Here is my short list.

• Mugo pine
  • Pinus Nigra
  • Simi-anual nursery stock series and the follow up to the previous ones
  • A collecting trip
  • The chat log for steams? I don’t often watch the streams live and sometimes wish I could follow the convo (at least for tier3 members)
  • Thread grafting roots and branches
  • Non yamadori stock material cultivation (field growing, can yard)
3 Likes

I’d love to see a bonus vid on sharpening/cleaning bonsai tools…

2 Likes