Live stream ideas - Give us Feedback!

I second @archisan! I would love to see a stream on root over rock plantings!

3 Likes

I just finished watching the pruning stream with all the time lapses. I would love if you could set up a camera when Ryan is finalising the trees when there is not enough time in the stream and include a time lapse in the archive video. And to tap it of a before and after pic.

Otherwise just keep the good stuff coming!

2 Likes

fine branch wiring is now advertised for May 8, 2018 :sunglasses:
potential aha moment coming along… have we missed secondary and tertiary wiring… thinking about it why would wiring a secondary branch from a primary be any different to wiring a primary from the trunk?

It would be great to have a stream about pests, diseases, ill health conditions, etc, how to recognize, treat, etc. Maybe not just a stream or maybe a section of the mirai website could host such a resource with images, etc.

4 Likes

I really like this idea, currently I’m having trouble with caterpillars. These green little vermin are consuming just about everything on my benches. I’m out there just about everyday removing them. And I feel like its futile. Im not sure what systemic would be best. Last year I had problems with leaf mold, aphids, and red mites. It would seem this would be an invaluable resource for all bonsai practitioners.

@ndavila80 Find some liquid BT (Bacillus thuringiensis) and spray them. BT did wonders for my caterpillar problem, and it doesn’t hurt the plant at all.

It’s used for organic gardening and really works. I bought a small bottle at Home Depot and got rid of a bunch of caterpillars that were killing my bougies and the lantana in my flower bed. It won’t hurt bees or ladybugs, and is pretty harmless to humans, too.

2 Likes

@ el_cheezer Thanks for the recommendation, I will look into finding some BT.

2 Likes

I would love to see a stream on field growing techniques! Trunkdevelopment nuances on different species like pines, juniper, decidious,…

9 Likes

Live Stream Idea - Sub Alpine Fir.

The Shohin 101 stream has a sub-alpine fir, though seeing a full sized version would be cool.

https://live.bonsaimirai.com/archive/video/shohin-101

Tropical broad leaf plants!

1 Like

Pest control and disease management

1 Like

Would it be possible to get Ryan to step aside when he has finished illustrating on the whiteboard during Q & A’s and also pre recorded content etc to enable us to take screen shots of the notes on the whiteboard? Just very briefly is all it needs to be?

5 Likes

I would love to learn more about Zuisho white pine. Cheers, Max

Institute a “Name the Tree Contest” for the tree in every Live Stream.

3 Likes

Changed my mind. Forget a “Name the Tree Contest”. See reasoning in Post Stream discussion-Literati design.

The evolution of bonsai from old to ancient trees evaluating the characteristics of both stages and taking trees to the next step.

How to take a branch pad to one with many pads in the same branch.

3 Likes

A deep dive on single-flush pines such as mugo, etc. would be great.

7 Likes

I would always love to see more about Thuja (Western Red Cedar) and Tsuga (Western/Mountain Hemlock) care and styling.

2 Likes