Live stream ideas - Give us Feedback!

Share your ideas for future streams and Mirai Live content here! What do you want to see that we haven’t covered yet?

9 Likes

As Ryan preps for the national show, I’d love to learn more about setting up for display, how to pick stands, accent plants etc. thank you!

9 Likes

I would love to see a live stream from the National Bonsai and Penjing museum focusing on the diversity of our national collection and what it take to maintain trees on display! and that are as old as some of the ones in that collection.

7 Likes

Mirai Live student garden tour. One lucky person gets Ryan to visit a Mirai Live Student’s garden and be critiqued, helped and consulted on the trees, the garden layout, work space, etc. Issues about garden design, layout and overall care for multiple trees at once would be of interest in the stream. Obviously, someone from Portland would probably be the easiest to pull this off. :+1:

20 Likes

Hello Mirai Team, first of all, I really love your live streams!!!:+1:

I would like to learn more about:

1. Japanese Maples
  2. Pinus Nigra
  3. Developing trees from scratch: from seedling/cutting to raw-material
19 Likes

Ditto on the growing trees from seeds/cutting to raw material. How to build & grow good bonsai stock isn’t easy and no one really discusses the topic in depth.

23 Likes

Thx Ryan and team for sharig all the knowledge!
I would love some more streams about european trees!
Olive,I Love olives
Quercus Robur,the oldest and most fascinating trees in Germany
Pinus Sylvestris literati style,thats how they usually apear in our Environment.
Best from Hamburg

9 Likes

Root grafting techniques would be very interesting. Perhaps part of a landscape piece?

7 Likes

Mugo pine…pretty please, with sugar on top :blush:

9 Likes

Maybe some more tropical discussions (specifically Ficus) for those outside of the colder zones would be good.

10 Likes

I know that Mirai really focuses on conifers, but this would be a godsend for me. The video on bougainvillea was incredibly helpful.

If you are taking requests though, I would love to hear something similar to Ryan’s lectures about working pines, but on other species. Maybe a good walk through about what a full year would look like for junipers, or maybe some deciduous trees.

An in depth talk about pesticides and fungicides would also be great.

And I have to say I am very excited to see more on ceramics!

7 Likes

I would be thankful for a western hemlock in particular maybe a mountain hemlock, styling, pruning, windows for work to be applied.

10 Likes

First of all: thank you for the great work!

Streams about pinus sylvestris, pinus mugo and Larix would be nice.

Greetings from Berlin
Christoph

11 Likes

Believe it or not but I would like to see some ume - prunus mume - flowering apricot. I also would love to see more Peter Warren :cherry_blossom:

12 Likes

I would love to be able to set the stream up on my TV via either chromecast or some way that it could be used on a native app to be used on Apple TV or Amazon Fire TV. Currently I watch on my iPad, which works, but still it would be cool to put it on the big screen so I can see every little bead of sweat on Ryan’s forehead when he makes big bends.

Just an idea to explore! It seems like you have an amazing crew there doing your website and producing your streams so I have faith in them :smile: Thanks for all the great streams and tertiary content!

9 Likes

My solution is I plug in my laptop to my big screen TV when I’m on my bike trainer (especially in Winter time around Central Oregon) and plug the laptop into speakers. It’s like Mirai Live @ the Cinemas.

3 Likes

That’s a great idea!! I wish I had a bike trainer in the winter, my Dad has one with a TV setup infront of it in a similar setup. The streams would be good to keep my attention while I work out.

2 Likes

I just use the mirror feature on my device through the Apple TV. Works pretty good.

5 Likes

Yeah that would work! Good suggestion. I am trying to go from iPad to Amazon Fire TV. I also guess I’m getting lazy to the point where I just want to use my Fire TV or a single device to stream it. I know it sounds bad, but a lot of streaming services and sites have native ways to watch.

1 Like

You can also download Firefox app for Fire TV and stream direct from Mirai.

5 Likes