Live stream ideas - Give us Feedback!

oops, I asked for that before seeing you’d already asked.

Hi Ryan and Miray crew. Thanks for sharing all that beautiful videos full of real knowledge ! I would like to learn more and let the ppl hear more about aspects of SHIN-GYO-SO as a art rules in Japan for any kind of art as well ART OF BONSAI, about flow and energy directions in display and about repotting of Pinus Sylvestris and Pinus Mugo…with as much details as possible. :slight_smile: Thank You Ryan ! Best regards from Denmark!

2 Likes

sorry I forget … we want to hear about Literati beginning and tea houses too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Howdy, I just realized I could post this here.

There is a video many years back of Ryan styling a Spruce and during the styling he talks about the 3 main designs for all Bonsai. Harmony, Tension and Dynamic.

It would be great as a piece of future content if Mirai could walk us through different trees and discuss why a particular design was chosen and just in general go over this in more detail.

He also mentioned that the most boring design possible is when the trunk and apex move in the same direction and the main branch moves in the opposite direction.

I think this would be a cool topic for a video and could be named, “Fundamental Bonsai Design”.

Curious to get your feedback.

5 Likes

Is this still a species topic thread for the live stream? If so I would like a live stream on Giant Sequoia’s :slight_smile:

3 Likes

if we ever get any giant sequoia material, i know we would absolutely love to stream on it

4 Likes

I just got 3 Giant Sequoia that have been Bonsai for 18 years. Putting a forrest planting together, was hoping Ryan had some suggestions on pruning & timing. I guess Ill have to experiment. :slight_smile:

1 Like

yeah I would reference the coastal redwood and bald cypress streams. I remember ryan talking a little about giant sequoia and how it could relate. If you find anything interesting, let us know!

1 Like

I feel like there were also some Giant Redwood tidbits in the Cryptomeria stream as well (Nursery Stock Series Part 2).

2 Likes

I’m in the Southern Hemisphere, so I’m watching archive videos. At the moment I’m watching “Deciduous Structure” with the Linden tree in bud. Is it possible to go through the garden and take photos of these trees in their various seasonal iterations? I’d love to see it in Summer, Autumn and Winter profiles. These images could be attached to the archive page that pertains to the video?

Kendall, let Ryan know we need a video on how to prepare a tree for a show. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Rendezvous Portland critique video.
I watched some of this on the livestream and would like to watch it all, and again.

I remember asking on facebook and they said that, plus the streamed demos will be available in the archive and/or on youtube eventually :slight_smile:

Would it be possible to show examples of the ancient look of the species in the live stream at the beginning? These examples shouldn’t restrict the new design but it might be worth keeping it in the back of our mind.

2 Likes

Just a general request for any stream: often Ryan is assuming or expecting that we can see the detail cam and pointing to something specific but we are on the wide view. It’s too slow of a transition from wide to detail but then we go back to wide before he’s finished showing something in tight. The detail cam is the most important part in our learning, we need those tight shots. Let’s stay on the detail cam longer when Ryan is showing specific things.

4 Likes

@Josh is it possible to do a picture in picture during the live streams? It does seem to be a slow transition after @ryan calls for a “if you look in close here…”. That way both cameras are filming but switch the main view, or maybe post production use the detail camera view. Not sure if that is possible, just something I had thought about in the past.

2 Likes

I can’t seem to find the chat box on the live stream. Am I not able to chat due to being level 2?

Yeah live chat during the stream is a tier 3 perk

How about a date stamp on the videos in the archive, just to put the work in a time of year context??

2 Likes

The datestamp is there in the details box of every stream

1 Like