Video stream idea: Tree updates

I would love to see a video that gave us an update on trees that have been worked on in the streams and showed us how they were doing. Kind of a, “How it started / How’s it going” video.

I’m sure the Mirai crew has more ideas than time for new video content and this may already be one of them. I’ve had this idea before but the Monday’s at Mirai re-sparked the thought.

These wouldn’t even need to be long videos, maybe it’s just a series of short updates. I know some trees we’ve seen frequently over the years, but some we never see again (probably because they’re still recovering or have only had minor work done, nothing that justifies it’s own stream.

Anyway, just a thought.

4 Likes

I agree this would be great. It could be 2-3 minute clips composed of a picture or two from the previous stream along with some video comments by Ryan about the tree’s progress. It could even be shot in the garden to save the time of hauling the tree into the studio. String a bunch of them together as an update once or twice a year.

Perhaps Troy could comment on the trees that did not make it since I seem to recall that Ryan said he preferred to let someone else handle the final work with those trees.

2 Likes

To piggy back on this good idea, I keep hearing an a random stream, “oh this is the tree we worked on in xyz street last year” and wishing I could find it easily. If there was a way to tag a stream with the unique identifier of the trees in it, and then a link list could easily be generated with every stream that tree has been in.

2 Likes

I also think this would be a killer idea and I love the idea of being able to search by a specific tree to see a chronology of operations performed on the tree. There are a few streams where Ryan has been exploring a particular species and what may work for it technique wise, it would be cool to see follow ups.

3 Likes