The Bonsai Below Me - (Member photo challenge)

Yamadori by Mauro Stemberger…
Pot Made for the tree by Roman Hussman

The Bonsai below me is a bougie

7 Likes

I was hoping someone would put in a better specimen, but in the hopes of keeping this going, here’s one of mine, that got wrecked by winds and a couple of days this year. It was so weak, that I decided to leave it alone in the pot instead of trying to reposition it. It’s come back pretty good, but won’t get messed with for a while. Love the color though!

The bonsai below me is someone’s oldest tree.

4 Likes

This is my oldest tree both in the time I have had it as well as its age.

The tree below me is a Rocky Mountain Juniper

9 Likes

This is my first bonsai tree it’s my first few months doing this now. All i think about are bonsai tree…lol

10 Likes

This one is my next project. It’s going to be a challenge. I been religiously studying all The videos on Mirai archives.

The juniper has a live vain running around The wood and i believe it’s a leterati style bonsai

2 Likes

What is the tree below?

It’s a juniper procumbens nana.

@Mr.Ferntastic once you post picture of your tree that supposed to be Rocky Mountain Juniper set by @GarryFrey you need to chose the ‘bonsai below me’ yourself. That is what @Jens was asking for. So an owner of requested tree type will post pic with a bit ab it.
Did you understand the rules of this tread? :wink:

Sorry about that… I just got excited to post after signing up to the forum lol

2 Likes

It’s all good. Just pick something for the next person to post :slight_smile:

The tree below me is a red wood

This is my Dawn Redwood. It was grown in California and it’s been in development with me for about 18 months. The pot has some Chinese writing on it that I’m trying to get translated if anyone knows anything about that.
The Bonsai below me is a white pine.

2 Likes

This is my JWP I did the initial styling on 3 yrs ago and currently working on refining.

The bonsai below me is a Sierra Juniper.

11 Likes

Sweet looking tree! It has a really rustic and naturally old look to it.

seirrajuniper
This is a new acquisition very healthy and ready to style Sierra Juniper!
The Bonsai Below Me is a Chojubi

1 Like

The Bonsái below me it’s root exposed!!

10 Likes

My Black Pine, started from seed in 2008.

The bonsai below me is a deciduous oak.

12 Likes

Collected Corkbark Oak

The bonsai below me is a literati pine

2 Likes

Hope this is not too much cheating but seriously considering styling this as a literati (though the trunk might have a tad too much girth)

The bonsai below me is a Khaki.

5 Likes

In a khaki John Pitt pot. A quercus fageniae (think that is spelt wrong). Portugese Oak, which kept falling over in its plastic collection pot and damaging the rather lovely bark. The ever green leaves do tend to go brown khaki to at the end of the winter, so double khaki!

The bonsai below (following the colour idea) is red.

1 Like