New Video Team Introduction

Hello all! Just wanted to introduce myself, My name is Hunter and I’m one of the new additions to the Mirai team along with Josh. While we are not new to video production we are new to Bonsai and eager to learn both alongside and from you. As a video team we’re going to be making an effort to be much more connected to the forum, making a TON of new content both as featured and extras- for all levels of Bonsai Practitioners.
Josh and I would love to open the door to hearing from you all what you want to see in the future from our video content at Mirai and just say Hello! Thanks everyone!

-Hunter

14 Likes

Hey everyone! My name is Josh and I’m pumped to now be a part of Mirai, alongside Hunter. I’m really looking forward to being engaged with the community and provide more and more awesome Bonsai content. I’m fully inspired both by what I get to capture here at Mirai as well as what I see all of you doing with all of this knowledge.
We’ve got quite a bit planned and, as Hunter said, would love to hear your thoughts on what kind of videos you might be itching for. Thanks!

-Josh

6 Likes

Looking forward to the new energy! Welcome. For me personally, I’m always curious to see how things Ryan does in the streams progress. Did all the grafts take? Were the air layers successful? How is the new growth looking on the beech forest since it’s been refined…these types of updates and seeing the progression in (semi) real time would be invaluable for me as far as knowing if I’m on the right track etc. Also, I’d love to see the behind the scenes on his cuttings and air layers for grafts. Seeing how he handles all the ‘work’ end of it is something I’ve been hoping to see.

5 Likes

Welcome guys!
I’m also new into Mirai.
What I’d like to see is something like “A day at Mirai” with a brief overview of the day routine in Mirai. I know that tasks change seasonally depending on the needs of the moment, but still I find interesting to see how the working day is organized.
Best wishes!

6 Likes

Welcome Josh and good luck with everything :slight_smile: Nice to know Mirai is doing so well it needs extra pair of hands!

3 Likes

Great idea- so more follow up on previous work?

3 Likes

Love that idea, ill bring it up at our next meeting!

1 Like

Welcome Hunter and Josh! After a few visits to the garden to help, and learn some tid bits of knoledge along the way, it seems Mirai was ready for some new members to assist the growth of what the Mirai team and Ryan have launched and facilitated as of now. With new team members comes more help and ideas, and to lessen the stress of the demands of Mirai’s knowledge hungry demands! Thank you for reaching out to the forum community and intoducing yourselfs.
As usual always looking for the window of what bonsai at Mirai is to grow and share with others.

2 Likes

As well as my favorite series when Ryan ventures out to local nurseries scouting for material. It is a real treat to hear his thought process and selection reasoning. It gives hope to those of us that can’t find or afford yamadori and have to make due with urbandori.
Keep up the good work Ryan!
Leonard

3 Likes

Oh, @Hunter welcome too! :hugs:

1 Like

2 Likes

Welcome @Josh, @Hunter - We’re like large trees in small pots on a sunny day, and your content is like water, keep producing it, we’ll absorb it all! I agree 100% with @MrJesseStrong, it would be super nice to see how the trees previously worked on evolve.

4 Likes

@rafi and @MrJesseStrong are on my wave length as well. I would particularly like to see the trees from the Nursery Stock series revisited. But short updates on all trees after they have been worked on would be a gift to all.
@LeonardB is in my head as well, but that type of content would require a field trip.
A day in the garden would be a nice piece.
I would love to see some Troy video. Perhaps the construction of benches, cold shelters, green houses, etc. Troy has a ton of knowledge as a woodworker, bonsai lifer, and overall wearing jack of all trades.
Welcome to the family of tree people @Hunter @Josh.

3 Likes

Totally agree. Would be great to see how the worked trees are developing… if they were in my garden and I had worked on them I would be looking at them to see how they recover and respond…

A big welcome to the three of you joss, hunter and tocci.

Welcome!

More broadleaf deciduous content. :smiley: