I am interested in everyone’s design ideas for this Juniper, and a bit of critique on how I did. My goal was to set the structure, so hopefully I did that ok.
Edit: This was a $5 Old Gold Juniper at Wal-Mart that somehow marked itself down at the self checkout register to $1. I think I did alright ya’ll. Got it around June and just let it be.
Two before shots and a shot of the trunk that I had to work with:
Here are a few “almost done” shots from one side:
Here were my final shots where I tried to get better angles of the tree for critique and suggestions:
I have a few things I’d like to point out that were not particularly satisfactory. I’m not 100% sure how to fix them though:
- The front section has a long branch that bends around and looks unnatural. Not sure how I should proceed there.
- It seems that the front pad and the back pads are at heights and placements where they seem to blend together. I thought about removing the front all together, but I’m not sure.
- The apex altogether was just “meh” but I had to do something with it.
Some things I was very pleased with:
- I think I did a great job with the defining branch and letting that set the design.
- I was able to choose the front quite easily thanks to the constant hammering on that point of Ryan.
- Tertiary wiring looks way easier when Ryan does it. While I kinda struggled with that more than I thought I would, I nailed the function, and angle of the wiring for the most part. Few flaws in the aethstetic parts and a few subpar functional spots.
Hit me with your best shot!