Live stream ideas - Give us Feedback!

Hey all! I’m so excited to have had so much activity in this thread lately! We’re having a big meeting on Monday to kick off 2020 so I’m sure we’ll be covering lots of these suggestions as we start to plan streams. Responding to couple folks below -

@Bonsai_Bentley - Unfortunately at the moment there is not an easy way to do that other than the feature that @mtbakerbonsai mentioned. That’s a good idea for the future though! We’ll be doing some serious work on the site in 2020 so I’ll add that to our discussion. Also, about the hedge pruning question–to be totally honest we will most likely not be covering that one :wink: We like to stay away from controversy out here. Everybody is entitled to practice bonsai however they wish. However, I think there’s some commentary on it in the Walter Pall podcast episode, so check that out for sure!

@kellogg - we do have a few videos on slab planting creation in the library but for sure more to come in 2020! Nursery Stock Rock Planting is a great one, as is Beech Forest Creation. Also, on your question about uploading Tuesday streams faster: we are surely trying to do that :slight_smile: Every Tuesday stream is 2+ hours of 1080p footage. That has to be downloaded to our computers which takes several hours. Then it needs to be edited, the timing of which differs based on the length and content of the stream. Then it has to be exported, which takes several hours. Then it has to be uploaded, which also takes several hours. All this is longer for our pre-produced streams, as Ryan usually has more feedback about those, so it takes a few days to get everything done (especially when we’re all technically on vacation). I hope this helps you understand the process a bit more!

@farley - You can see a photo of the finished cryptomeria here: Finished tree from the Cryptomeria Design Refinement stream But I will definitely add this to our list of ideas for 2020!

Folks I didn’t respond to–please know that we bring this thread up every time we have a meeting about stream planning, so we will be discussing your ideas as soon as we’re back in the office! Hope you all have a great first weekend of 2020!

4 Likes