Japanese black and red pine needle yellowing

Here’s the situation. I have seedlings that are about 2 years old. I put them into grow boxes this past month with essentially no removal of soil or root removal. Just slipped out of seedling pot and into grow box. I have noticed in the last few days the needles are changing slowly and wanted to see if I am overreacting or if I need to take action. I just want to make sure that I’m. It actively doing something wrong or if there is something I can do to help. I’m in south Louisiana for reference.

2 Likes

The more i look into an answer it appears that it is over watering. Would appreciate if anyone else agrees or disagrees.

Not sure in what part of the world you are but I’m moving my seedlings same way to bigger pot every year in spring time with no issue at all.
True re over watering. To me it looks like all yellowing is even which indicates to this problem. Let it completely dry and then try to water only if soil is dry 1-2 cm deep from the top. Pines prefer drier soil and thrive in extreme heat without regularly watered soil.
Hope it will help.

1 Like