Having trouble downloading latest Asymmetry

Hello, I can’t seem to get episode 124 to download properly. It seems to download, but then at the end it goes back to the cloud icon. Anyone else having this problem? As a test I downloaded #120 and it resolved fine, and it’s a longer podcast. @Sam

Hey there! What podcast app are you using? I’m not seeing an issue with Apple Podcasts or Overcast (the app I use). Let me know and I can try to troubleshoot for you.

FWIW, I was able to listen to it on Stitcher myself.

Episode 124?

I listen using podcast addict on Android and there are only 79 episodes of Asymmetry

Am I missing out here?

sorry I didn’t mention, I’m using apple podcasts, I deleted asymmetry and reinstalled it, now I got it!

1 Like

@Twisted We released a new episode on Friday. I’m seeing it updated everywhere I can check, but I don’t have access to an android device. Maybe try uninstalling/reinstalling the app like @sunnspot did? Sorry I can’t be of more help here–RSS feeds are tricky beasts that I don’t fully understand, but I’m seeing it everywhere on my end.

I see the latest Randy Knight episode, but I also only count 79 episodes total. I’m also not seeing where the episodes are numbered, at least not in Stitcher.

Hey all! Just a quick update on this - I’m waiting for a support response from Apple, but I was able to get the podcast to show up by deleting & reinstalling the Podcasts app. Another possible fix. It’s also available on the desktop version of the Podcasts app. I’ll keep you posted!

Not quite sure what’s going on with the numbering system, though I suspect it has something to do with our switch to Podbean last year. It might not be mirroring the old episodes. I’ll look into that!

Scratch that - we definitely only have 79 episodes and I’m not seeing any numbers in Apple Podcasts. So I’m not sure what’s going on with numbering…I’ll keep looking for that.

@Sam in a similar vein, I can’t find the latest episode with Andrew Robson in stitcher at all. Already tried deleting and reinstalling the app. I can find it via Apple Podcasts though, so I’m not totally missing out.

Now that is a strange one! I have never encountered any problems thus far with Stitcher. I was able to reproduce the issue on that one and just submitted a support ticket to them, so hopefully we can get that resolved soon. Thanks for letting me know!

1 Like

I see it up on Stitcher now

1 Like

Thank you for letting me know! Sorry for the wait.