Workshop with Ryan Neil

Two day before the Trophy we, @Gerryman and I, had a workshop led by Ryan Neil. Together with 6 other guys we styled our yamadori material bought from Danny Use at Ginkgo Bonsai Center.

The morning started with a short discussion about each tree. Design, strength/weakness.

After we each had selected our best front/line Ryan helped set the first branch. That meant splitting branches and some raffia. I was very glad I rewatched the highlights of the raffia stream that morning at 08:00.

The styling commenced together with Ryan. We did a bit, he corrected and explained why, we worked on.

It resulted in two beautifull trees! We are very proud of our work and we like to sincerely thanks Ryan for his work.
As well as Troy and Lime for the conversations we had the day after and at the Trophy.

11 Likes

The day after Ryan gave a small lecture about repotting a tree at an angle. This led to the following work the get the trees secured in their angles for proper watering.

First the pots needed to get drainage and a pot to angle them in. Added with screens and pumice it is not let to grow.

Which resulted in a nice brotherly bunch of junipers!

Thanks again Ryan! We learned alot, with most memorable: Extend the line, watering isnt as difficult as you think:p Perky Tips! and Super Nasty Wire:)

12 Likes

Super dope man, loving the new angle and style!

Cheers

1 Like