White marble pot?

Any tree ideas to utilize a nice white marble pot? It does have one tastefull slant vein of light gray.
I do understand the rule that you can only display with white after Memorial day…:roll_eyes:

The other question is… I will have to drill drainholes to use it; or JUST save it for a suiban display? I have shown a rock in it as a display.

4 Likes

I have spent a good portion of the day searching on line for a pot similar to this. I think white goes well with, and plan to use it with my Japanese Red Maple.

3 Likes

It’ll be interesting to see how you pair it. I have a white glazed pot. Obviously a different texture, but color combination will be similar.

1 Like

Wow, I really like this pot! A birch tree with its white bark migh suit it well or otherwise maybe a white flowering tree?

1 Like

How about a pine in a GLAZED granite (like) pot?

Yes, I torture little trees… thats only 45 deg. I’m looking to get 60…

Drain and wire holes DEFINITELY needed. White can sometimes be used with Pine. This has big solid Pine tree(masculine)feet. This is in pot section of Bonsai Techniques II by Naka.

Maybe a ponderosa…?.

I have several large pricy signed suibans that I would never drill holes in. RTV glue, yes. Rocks for a tree planting.

I usd this marble suiban once for a water / rock display. Didnt like it.
Already drilled holes. Took three days. Diamond tip. Hot. Almost set the wood backing on fire…
Looking for a paper bark birch monster…

Drill with the part being drilled about 1/4" to 1/2" under water, in another container on top of the board. Drills faster and saves point of drill longer. Dry drilling sucks! Your drill bit may be shot now and take FOREVER to drill anything.

Been there… understood…
The ceramic pots are problematic… too much pressure at the last …blows the hole out, especually in low fired ceramics.
The marble drilled easily; diamond hole drill with light lubricating oil. Picks up the dust, carries heat, doesnt dry out. Wipes dry…
Now I have a $2 yardsale white 8" ceramic pot…

What to do with it?

1 Like