Juniper repotted on custom made concrete pot

I just repotted this garden stock juniper in this concrete bonsai container I made for it a few days ago - the tree was not styled, only the angle of branches was slightly adjusted for the new better angle. The tree will be styled in the summer if it responds well. There’ll be a video about it (and a second juniper repot) in the near future. After the repot they go into a heat mat until spring. This pot has no aeration holes on the bottom. Instead it has aeration slits all around, I cover them with spaghnum moss as if it was a slab and I put moss over it. The pot was made in the same manner as the one in the video I recently posted in Youtube.

11 Likes

And here is a second one.

6 Likes

Here’s two additional pictures:

8 Likes

Hi Rafi, did you drill/make holes for wire ties?

Hi @RAY_9FINGERS, yes I did and I used 17 gauge galvanized steel wire. I executed mirai methodology to the best of my abilities. Here is a video.

1 Like

I’d like to see how you make theses pots on your channel please!

1 Like

Hi @CandC, you can see in the video below how I make on of these containers. In the video a square one.

1 Like

Thank you so much! If you like doing this kind of videos, I’d like to see more of it. Especially how you sculpt the shapes of the more complicated one. I have subscribed to your channel! :wink:

Sure @CandC, I will keep this in mind and thank you for subscribing!