What's your favorite watering can?

I will not be without a Jason Roth watering wand. 95% metal. Two things are my favorite features: One hand operation when adjusting water velocity and secondly, the wide variation in shower strength and distance of water stream. It has made watering incredibly efficient.

Very nicely done! Living in Europe, what are the connections needed? NPT? BPM?

1 Like

For UK it’s British Standard Pipe (BSP), which seems to also be the standard in Europe, which is fortunate. For example, any German product I’ve bought have always fitted fine with BSP. It’s the American ones, National Taper Pipe (NPT) and Garden Hose Thread (GHT) which cause the hassle. To my knowlege they’re not even compatable with one another. :rofl: Possible to get hold of some BPS to NPT or GHT adapters though.

Jeez… I’ve spent the last 2 days chasing down the correct thread at stores, talking to professionells… Not a single one can provide the right thread. I’ve tried every damn BNP nut and the threads just seems to be on the slightly larger size on the handle. I’m about to give up :sweat_smile:

On which wand model…?
Was JUST looking to buy!
Do Brits use the same thread on pipes end thread AND garden bib (hose) threads- BSP?
K

I have no hose access as I’m tied to a balcony so I have some experience in trying a bunch of watering cans! I recently purchased this 2 gallon haws: The Warley Fall Green - Two Gallon – US Haws Watering Cans with this tip: Brass Potting Rose - Fine Spray – US Haws Watering Cans. It’s definitely pricey but after trying various watering cans off amazon I can say its well worth the investment.

1 Like