Watch the library faster

If you’re like me, you’re having a hard time keeping up with all the content Mirai has been producing. I recently discovered this Chrome browser extension, Video Speed Controller, that allows you to watch HTML5 video at different speeds.

4 Likes

Thank you @Tac. After watching the Olympic sub-alpine fir stream the other night, my brain is still scrambled. Ryan was fired up on that one!

3 Likes

It also gives you the option to watch them slower if Ryan’s going too fast. :slight_smile:

I’ve watched a couple of the YouTube vids at 1.5x speed (which has those controls natively) and it’s almost a no-go.

I think I might be able to deal with it on follow up re-watchings though.

I think he ate something that speeded him up considerably

1 Like

If you click on the gear on the bottom right corner of the video there’s already a speed setting there.

2 Likes

Too much info for me to take in at 1.5x :-p
My brain would explode.

I do skip sometimes, or walk away to grab a snack or beer.

1 Like

That’s hilarious, I never noticed. Leave it to me to find the harder solution. lol

1 Like

I find 1.2 or 1.3 is about perfect for most things, especially the Q&As.

I switch between x1.25 and x1.5 for Mirai videos (Vimeo’s native control). General YT at least x1.5. Word of caution though: if you do it consistently I think your brain gets used to it so real-life conversations can seem comparatively slow (especially if they’re not interesting). :smile:

2 Likes