Video Game Inspiration

First, I have to admit I still play video games.
With that said, I’ve been playing Ghost of Tsushima on PS4, and it has a beautiful aesthetic!

There are a few references to bonsai in the game, the first being the main character is named Jin.

The graphical representation of the trees is amazing. Enjoy the screenshots!

7 Likes

No need to apologise, I have been playing video games for about the last 40 years. Games have changed a bit over that time! You have posted some great examples. The artistry that goes into some games now is astonishing. I haven’t played Ghosts yet but I often stop mid game to look at the trees or the landscape in general

2 Likes

I bet if you created some bonsai that replicated those trees someone would pay you big bucks for it. Triple if it was a tropical Thai could keep indoors. :wink:

2 Likes

Ya, but, they would be dead in a Fortnight…:unamused::grin::rofl:

1 Like

I remember playing “The Witness” a few years ago and really looking at the trees in that game. One of the puzzles was based on tree branching, and there was even a bonsai garden tucked away in there too.

1 Like

There are several tree generation engines for both real-time and rendered 3D environments. Below is one example, but there are several out there. I’ve thought about using one of these to build some virtual Bonsai trees before, but I don’t do much 3D work and don’t have the software required at home.

https://store.speedtree.com/ue4/

1 Like