Suitable 2 Part Epoxy

Can somebody please point me in the direction of a 2 part epoxy suitable for anchoring wire to a rock slab?

I like JB Weld for this type of application. It is easy to mix, fairly thick so it stays in place, gray in case it shows, and quite strong. I have heard of engine components being driven another 100,000 miles after being repaired. The major drawback is that it takes 24 hours to develop full strength - 12+ is probably good enough for our applications. However, this is a characteristic of most high strength epoxies - the longer cure time allows more crosslinking to occur which is what makes them stronger.

1 Like

Try quick set cement and instant superglue. Can be used in a coup.e of minutes.

I like JB Weld as well. One thing I learnt over many years working with various epoxies was that the slower drying variety always seem to have better long term strength so I use those for rock planting and prepare in advance.

1 Like

Milliput. I use this to fill in the cracks on miniature busts and scale tanks. I say milliput because it’s something you can wet and smooth it flush and it hasn’t ever irritated my hands (although it does say it may). Also you can buy yourself a hand full of cheap pigments and mix in say a 3 shade batch and use those to blend it in really well with a rock planting. It’s just a super versatile and user friendly 2 part epoxy.

1 Like

Thanks so much for the suggestions, everybody!

1 Like