Show off your kusamono

Hey guys not sure if theres a thread where we can see each others complimentary grasses and plants? Let’s start it here then

27 Likes

16 Likes

Nice :slight_smile: I like that little pot the most and im curious how small the fern will get

3 Likes

Nothing special but it grew in a few pots so i thought i give it its own pot :smiley:

11 Likes

Aww showin some love for the dandelion :grin:

2 Likes

15 Likes

I love the dandelion.

3 Likes

Is that Clover or the red kind that spits it’s seeds everywhere? This is cool :slight_smile: plus the table too

1 Like

I’m not really sure what it is exactly. I bought some maples in kroatia last year and this grew in every pot. I think it is some clover and it’s growing pretty aggressive, so could be that it is the red one. The table is selfmade out of simple balcony wood and colored epoxy resin.

3 Likes

I think it’s an Oxalis, aka wood-sorrel. Has it flowered?

2 Likes

Great dandelion! Not the best pics below, but a couple from last summer. All native to northern Arizona.

5 Likes

Yes, it had some small white flowers. Looked up some pictures of oxalis and i think that fits pretty good. I just potted it because it grew like weed but i’m really starting to like it.

1 Like

If I’m not mistaken, i recommend keeping it from spitting out the seeds or soon you’ll have them all over and in your bonsai substrate competing, and like crazy, for water and nutrient uptake. Their super hard to get rid of once they’re established. But awesome as a singular plant companion :slight_smile:
I think dandelions are the same, their roots just stay while you tear of the heads :smiley:

3 Likes

Closest thing I have is a potted Oregon Stonecrop

5 Likes

20190420_055950

9 Likes

Succulents are so popular in southern California that I add them on occasion to accent plants and kusamono. This is blue eye grass that has reduced in size over the years.

19 Likes

That looks great Cathy, all properly pampered and cleaned up, the white balance is great too. Do you use some photo editor? I use Zoner Photo Studio and it works great :slight_smile: of course I could be a lot better at it.

1 Like

Thanks Thomas. I did not use a photo editor. This photo was taken with my Motorola Android cell phone.

2 Likes

This accent plant was used at a couple of Spring bonsai shows this year. It is a California native Heuchera ‘Canyon Duet’ (coral bells) in a Jan Rentenaar pot.

22 Likes

the evolution of one of my Kusamono

12 Likes