Saybrook juniper nursery stock

Recently styled this juniper. Would appreciate feedback, critique, etc.

5 Likes

Like the branch placement. The lower jin looks like it could use some modifications. The one branch is really straight and crosses the main trunks.

2 Likes

Thanks. Yeah I left both of the lower jins relatively unworked, still toying with ideas for it.

2 Likes

I like the flow over to the right, and maybe you would want to make that harmonious with the apex movement too.
Could put a bit of space between the twin trunks so you can really see the trunklines.

Let it recover and get some nice growth, then you can think of getting a pot, maybe a round pot if the apex ends up to the right and outside the pot walls

1 Like

Nice.
Started to wonder what kind of bonsai tools those were to the right in the before photo. Checked myself…OF COURSE, they are to help move the larger bonsai around… Rolls good and stears great… I have an older model from Xmas 1960…

1 Like

Definitely considering moving the Apex to the right. As for the trunks I’ll have to figure something out, a block perhaps they are quite strong in their current spaces. Recovering quite well right now, the after picture is from 3 weeks ago. Letting it go for the season, repot next spring in the best option I can find.

2 Likes

Haha just shovels and too many longboards, never used for moving bonsai, yet at least…

1 Like

Let it rest a year… raffia and heavy copper wire, and a guy wire or two may put some movement into the trunk… crank it until it bends or breaks! Great effort so far. How long have you been styling trees?
:crazy_face:

Rest is the plan for the year. Yeah probably going in heavy next time to move that trunk. Thanks, going to this level of detail this is the 3rd tree I’ve done

1 Like