New ceramicist France

Just getting some advice from a few people I know. But mostly just by myself. All my work has been done by me alone. It’s a steep learning curve not without some failures. I really appreciate your kind worlds

1 Like

I’m trying my hand at making a few pots for myself. Do you have any basic tips to get started?

Do not try to rush. Make sure your pieces are leather hard before trying to piece them together. Try to work in a clean organised manner. Take your time and slow dry anything you make. The bigger the slower

2 Likes

More coming soon

2 Likes

Tell the ceramicist not to use rectangular holes. Round ones are much easier to use in securing the screen wires.

Just out of the kiln yesterday.

1 Like

@Nicknjh23 they look superbe

1 Like

Hot out of the Kiln.

4 Likes

Very nice forms. What kind of trees do you envision for the yellow/gold pots?

Absolutely lovely, wish I was a little closer as I think I could have a few trees that could use pots like those. :heart_eyes:

The biggest pot I have made so far. More pictures when fired. Feet design inspired by the Alhambra here in Spain

4 Likes

Those feet are fantastic! The shape is really interesting! What are you planning on doing for the finish of the pot? If you plan on revealing once it’s fired no worries!

It’s an unglazed pot and will fire to a rich golden colour. Pictures soon. Thanks for the kind comments.

1 Like

Do you ship pots to Canada?

Hi. I haven’t even thought about that. Let me look into the logistics of it and get back to you. Thanks

New design out of the kiln this week.
o

6 Likes

The finished pot

3 Likes

4 Likes

It look fantastic! It almost looks like it’s carved from sandstone.

1 Like

Thanks. Inspired by a trip to the Alhambra Spain. I was lucky enough to share the visit with The awesome ceramicist Tom Benda.

2 Likes