My first proper wiring job following proper “Mirai” principles.
As you can see from the before pics, this mugo didn’t really have any particular shape or style.
I Picked a bloody hard tree to start with because this tree has such long spindly branches. Especially in contrast to the trunk thickness.
I’m not 100% satisfied with the wire application. I made a lot of mistakes resulting in heavy application in places. I will redo next year after some growth.
I managed to get a significant defining branch stretched out low and to the left.
I had to lose the lowest left branch because the bottom was resting on the ground and it was ridiculously long with growth only on the tips.
I also pulled the apex together to the left in harmony with the flow of the trunk
I really had to snake the branches to pull them in and form a pad because they were so long. Hopefully when I get some interior growth, I can reduce the length.
I really need to encourage some interior growth and hope I can get a bud to fill the upper right shoulder.