Mirai Species Care Sheets

It looks like the Mirai team has reorganized the website a bit and added a section with 17 Species Care sheets. I looked at the one for Blue Atlas Cedar and really like it. I imagine this is part of the App. Irregardless, it is a nice addition to the website.

5 Likes

In case anyone else is looking for them

https://bonsaimirai.com/species

7 Likes

Great information! I hope they expand information for other species like Western Red Cedar, thuja plicata.

1 Like

I wanted to comment that I have not found the repotting window for Blue Atlas Cedar to be as tight (7 days) as listed on the sheet. They are a bit picky about root work, but for trees that are transitioning from a nursery pot or are only in their first couple of bonsai repottings I have found the window to be more like 14 - 21 days.

1 Like

Where are these cards located? Thanks

1 Like

On the education tab. Or see Grif’s direct link about 3 posts earlier.

2 Likes

How did you ever find that Marty? I had to back track twice…
Up above, in the black bar, click on ‘Bonsai Mirai’, opens new page…then click the 3 bars on upper right. Opens menue, THEN click on Education… WAY more info than can be easily digested!
What other tidbits have we NOT noticed!
Thank you, Mirai. Thank you Ryan.

2 Likes

I was looking for the forum, saw it had moved, saw a new tab called education, clicked on it and saw species care. Wondered what is this?

Marty

1 Like

Thank you very much!

2 Likes

Thank you very much Marty!

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up! Very informative and an ascetically pleasing layout (as always)

3 Likes

It’s our plan to continue adding to the species care list! Keep an eye out for more to follow.

4 Likes

We recently updated our site navigation bar for easier functionality and organization purposes. We hope that the species care guides will continue to support you on your bonsai journey!

1 Like

Here’s the link to the species care guides for anyone interested: Species Gallery | Bonsai Mirai

You can also find this page by clicking the education tab on the top menu of bonsaimirai.com. It will have drop down options and you’ll be able to locate the page under the “species care” tab.

Hope this helps!

4 Likes

Thank you Mirai for these care sheets. Just what us tree killers needed to up our game, a quick reference by species. Of course they are done “Mirai style” classy and very useful. Way better than any care sheets I’ve seen in books or club newsletters. Thank you Ryan & team.

5 Likes

Yes i agree with you!

1 Like

W0W… great resource… thanks for all the added species!