Live stream ideas - Give us Feedback!

I just wanted to suggest a stream about wiring technique - now I see it’s coming this month! GREAT!:+1:

6 Likes

Maybe a long shot, but something on quaking aspens would be really cool! I have one from Andy Smith but I’m pretty lost on what to do with it. A stream on advanced wiring/bending techniques would be cool if that doesn’t already exist. I’d love to learn the nitty-gritty of how to do those enormous bends that Ryan pulls off.
I’d also love to see a stream dedicated to literati/bunjin and windswept design, both can be difficult styles to pull off effectively.

4 Likes

Id love to see a day in the life of Mirai and how you manage a large garden, id also like to see more on branch bending techniques, thanks all

10 Likes

Streams have all been wonderful. Would love to have info once or twice each month on what work is coming due, on which species, at the time of year, where you are - candle-prune, needle pluck, pinching, fertilizing, etc. With each species ready to be worked at different times it would be great to get them in the right sequence through one year. ( ex. multi flush vs single flush work . . or larch vs spruce vs juniper, etc.) including deciduous.

3 Likes

This is for Ryan and the Mirai Team. I would enjoy an episode that describes Garden Design using the Mirai Garden and Greenhouse as an example. How Mirai was designed and the nuances of those decisions. Anyone who has been in bonsai for a time struggles with placement and limitations where our trees are kept and maintained.

12 Likes

Ty Danny! if english was my nativ language i would
have probably wrote it like u!

All of the above I liked Ryan’s you tube video on exhibition critique. Tell us more about pit falls to avoid and detals that are an absolute must. As well as what an organiser of a local exhibition needs to observe.

3 Likes

I like many of the suggestions. Especially the exhibition critique and an in depth garden and workshop tour of Mirai.

Often while wiring, Ryan said that “cleaning” the branches prior to wiring is as important as a good wiring technique. Amateurs like me, who are trying to densify the foliage or to stimulate back budding are reluctant to remove needles on their pines, hinoki, fir and spruce… It would be great to make us some video capsules of “How and how much to clean branches prior to wiring" for those species with good close ups and comparative stills “before and after" cleaning.
Best,
Pierre

5 Likes

@Kendall and I have another one.

It would be great if you are able to download (of course not as separate file) or buffer whole movie that you are able to watch it offline, while commuting or somewhere where you don’t have opportunity to use WiFi or LTE…

I don’t know if your player gives that opportunity but I think it might be useful… :wink:

8 Likes

Hey risco, I watch it on the big screen through an HDMI cable from my ipad. There’s a great little converter you can get to send straight to the TV.

1 Like

In addition to MJS’s comment. A stream on how to prepare trees for shows would be great. Everything from prepping the pots, to the moss, and all the tree prep.

Literati Pine… :wink: I saw it coming and it disappeared. :frowning:
Mirai Garden tour
Tours of other gardens and public collections would be awesome.
Floweing and fruiting species, like Crabapple, Ume and quince.
Guest artists are always fun.
Design, and designing new trees is always a good one. Anything from collected material to nursery stock, like you’ve been doing.
Native deciduous species to explore with.

4 Likes

Hey Jaron,
He covers those big bends in depth in this stream: https://live.bonsaimirai.com/archive/video/pine-innovation
And there are two “extended-cut” video’s showing close up work on the bends.

3 Likes

Literati Juniper
Literati Hemlock
Literati Spruce
Literati deciduous…?
Literati Fir
lol!! :wink:

Actually an in depth study/discussion on Penjing would be awesome. I really enjoyed Ryan’s short discussion about this with Troy on one of the podcasts.

4 Likes

I would like to see how to work with Olive trees please

6 Likes

I second root grafting!

2 Likes

Would love to see a stream on Hawthorne at some point!

3 Likes

Tell us more about the Sheen…
Here is a GIF I made about what I learned about the Sheen.

24zl7i

30 Likes

Hi, I wouldn’t mind seeing maybe a short video similar to the chopstick video on Bonsai Tools and how to clean (rust), maintain and sharpen.

10 Likes

this is a phenomenal meme, 10/10

1 Like