Hopefully I'd this tree

This tree popped up in a bonsai pot two springs ago… Grew like crazy. Three trunks and 12" tall.
Wired and nurtured it. Tip pruned successfully.
This spring , the leaves are three times last year’s.
Don’t have a clue what it is. I’ll let you all guess. Probably not willow, unless you know for sure they did WIND blow seed…
The trunk is soft, light green, with sticky parts at leaf nodes. Alternate leaves, with fine teath (more like notches or steps…) oh ya, Inland pacific N W, eastern Wa.
Leaf photo…

Any ideas

Closest guess of PlantNet app based on the leaf is Almond… ?

1 Like

That looks like a palpable hit…
Used several I’d websites. Looked into my library of tree books. Probably did NOT see this in my books, mostly Pacific NW NATIVE oriented tree books…
Now, as to the question of flying almonds…
I will confess, when I run out of winter squirrel food, I DO suppliment with the raw almonds I eat… It’s 200 feet from my feeder station to my bonsai pots… In the pot… They ARE viable?
Good to hardiness zone 6…
Guess I have an almond bonsai now!:hugs:
Thank you, Anna… (I like your ID tag photo.)

1 Like

Hah! Fact how did it end up growing in Pacific NW was my only wonder.
Almond trees are apparently able to grow anywhere in spite of their middle east origin so good luck with it :slight_smile:

Thank you :relaxed:

Yup… Funny how humans dont recognize that edible foods CAN be viable…
I also have a real nice southeast swamp cypress. Funny how things travel… (American swallows…?)They do real well here. Outside, protected, down to -15F…
Also, funny, half of my (smaller) Siberian Elms wound up dead this spring… was only 17F low. Well protected…
Bonsai On!