European larch made in swiss

This smal larch I found in our swiss alps. It is since 2011 in a pot and I styled it in 2013. This are the pictures right after I found it.

DSC_0710%20(1)DSC_0713DSC_0711

The tree is now in a pot from tokoname (Tazan)

DSC_0028%20(4)

What do you think about the tree and his pot?

31 Likes

Fantastic!! I hope to find such great material to start with. Very well done IMO.

Kudos to you, Stefan…:wink:

1 Like

Really nice job, I’m sure you’re happy with just waiting 3 years for something which looks like that : )

1 Like

This is a fantastic transformation. The material you selected was nice to begin with. The transformation you achieved is awesome.

I need to remember this thread as an example of transformation.

Very well done.

@Gmuer when did you change the planting angle? At the time of the repot in '13 or was it at a later repot. I love this transformation. From collected to this…every time I look at it I am impressed. Very well done.

very nice pot, fantastic trunk line. I really like how the curve of the pot guides the eye in the direction where the trunk line moves.

Update
New pot, smaler and i like the color more.
Waht do you think?

8 Likes

Beatiful tree! I find the colour of the pot suits it very well.

Are you building a new apex?

Amazing tree and fantastic effort on your part. I like the new pot color better but actually prefer it in the older one in regards to size and form/style.

The other pot graceful led my eyes on and off the composition the new form straight wall ends up being a hard break where I liked the soft break and peaceful feeling.

But I was coming off peaceful from your previous pot, so it’s not better or worse it’s different and if that’s what you wanted or will take you nailed it.

Objective criticism for objective based design

1 Like

Meant to ask was this in roughly the same size Bonsai containers from the first picture all the way through development into the refined state you have it in now? It’s such a great larch btw

++1 for the fantastic tree

But also lean more towards preferring the pot #1.
I wonder if a more rugged or strong geometric pot would suit the tree??

If you want to give me the tree I can keep it in this rugged pot :grin: