Ok, I’ve been working on a project recently, a (sort of) rock planting.
My original idea was:
Which is a very poor drawing of what I was intending.
Anyway, i decided to use the technique of carving polystryene blocks with a soldering iron:
Like so… then coating with cement (three thinnish layers):
Then building together with wire and cementing in place:
I’ve embedded wires into the cement for tie-downs, and plan to add moss to grow on some of the cement. I’m planning on using the technique mention on this forum for moss graffiti (which is using buttermilk, water and moss in a blender i think). (Sorry, i cant find the link at the moment.)
A couple of questions:
- Am I a lunatic for doing this?
- Is it cheating? (yes, yes, it is…but if its any consolation, it took a fair while to do)
- Have any forum members been using this technique?
- If so, are there any tips, shortcuts, points of note?
- Am I about to be shunned by the entire bonsai community?
Let me know your thoughts.