Weekend at Nature's way

I had a fantastic weekend working on some very nice old and some very challenging yamadori collected by Randy Knight and owned by Walter Pall. Learned a lot and had great fun too. I set the basic structure of three Japanese Maples, carved a trident maple, styled two very challenging Engelmann’s spruces and cleaned two very old Rocky Mountain Junipers. I am so proud how my bonsai influences came to rest on Walter Pall and Ryan Neil who think in the same manner regarding styling and bonsai as an art.

8 Likes

Rafi…So the real question here is: did you BUY any of Walters’ trees? That is the other purpose of Woodstock!
Cheers…
Flex

I wish I could buy his trees. Living in Canada, it is complicated to import. But I helped sell two of his trees to others, one after I styled it last december… If I lived in the US I would buy several. This weekend there were over 200 fantastic trees collected by Randy knight there at all price ranges…

1 Like

That sounds like an awesome time, rafi!

1 Like

I do not know how I missed it the other weekend. Did not even realize it was that weekend.i was at natures way yesterday putting a deposit on my rmj an pondy. Looking forward to next workshop. I did have a morio Stemberger one on last wensday with my study group.

The got some fantastic trees this spring…

Yeah I want to get a spruce next I’m thinking.

1 Like

they had lots I think.