Two years of pot making

Hi thanks for the kind words. Interested to know how you think I need to refine my glazing ? Yes I do take some commissions but at the moment I’m super busy with works and a project for future customer. Watch this space.

Best.
Nick

1 Like

Almost three years of pot making now, so happy with this achievement shown in the pictures

7 Likes

Well done! Congrstulations Nick! Keep up the great work!

It’s really on another level, you found your style almost immediately and it’s beautiful. Keep on making!

Here’s a couple of recent pots I made

8 Likes

Man you are killing it! Great work! I would love to buy one of your pots do you have a web site? What cone are you firing these too?

1 Like

Coming to your favourite Bonsai retailer soon.

Thanks for your kind words

1 Like

So almost three years to the day I made my first pot. Today seven of my latest pots hit the Mirai store. Check them out.
An amazing journey and im so thrilled to be a part of the Mirai community of Ceramicists.

6 Likes

What an awesome journey and story, congrats on your success :partying_face:

WAAAAAHOOOOOOOOO this is INCREDIBLE!!! The time care and effort you put in is evident! I imagine wars could be waged over your Dragon Scale pot! Simply incredible!

1 Like

Well done! Congratulations to this feat!

Btw i love the dragonscale pot :wink:

A couple of detail photos

4 Likes

Please keep on sharing with us!

Wow awesome work, I just started taking classes and you’re giving me some good ideas and motivation! hopefully I can get to where you are someday.

1 Like

Beautiful work, Nick. If you don’t mind my asking, can you describe how you made the dragon scale surface textures? Did you fashion a tool to make the impressions one by one? Started at bottom and worked upward? I’m fascinated by what the process was.
Thanks for any elaboration.

Mike

1 Like

I did make a tool. Each scale is done by hand one by one. I hope you don’t mind if I don’t elaborate more. :grinning:

1 Like

No worries - thanks!

what techniques are you using? Slab? Mold?

I only use slab building techniques :grinning:

2 Likes