Sick Pinus Sylvestrus

Hey everyone I picked up this Sylvestrus pine last year and did a mild styling in the fall. Left it for the rest of the season to recover. This spring I repotted it just over a month or ago and the buds are not breaking still. The needles are also a slightly lighter green then they were last year. Any advice? Should I put it in deep shade and just focus on a balance of water and oxygen? Or would some full sun do it good? I’ve noticed that my climate here in Maine seems to be a few weeks at least behind the timing that Ryan uses for most of his techniques. Wondering if maybe I reported to early. It seems like maybe I need to shift my timing back for almost every technique. I have a nursery stock juniper that seems to be suffering from the same problem that was repotted around the same time. Thoughts?

1 Like

I would give it morning sun and afternoon shade as well as watching the watering. I also agree about the timing - I am outside Spokane, WA and we run 2-3 weeks behind Mirai although we tend to get the late spring heat at just about the same time.

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice

1 Like

I saw that on my black pine after I repotted and the leaves still look pale green, but my candles just started to open and the candles needles are bright green. I also tilted my pot on an angle. I wouldn’t worry too much but I think Marty is right balance of water and oxygen will help.

2 Likes