Rods Colorado Blue spruce

Questions I’m having is when can I start working on on roots and do first wiring. I have a unheated greenhouse I start spring veggies in and plan on putting all my trees in once winter hits hard.

1 Like

I would repot in the late winter about the time you start your veggies since that most likely means the unheated greenhouse will remain above freezing for the rest of the winter. I have a heated (just above freezing) and that allows me to start repotting in late February rather than waiting until mid-April if I could not provide that level of protection. Any repotted trees outside the greenhouse need some protection on cold night until early May here in Spokane, WA due to late frosts.

1 Like

The present root ball is about 17” wide and 12” deep, how much can I remove at one time with no harm. I’m also not sure how much it will have to be reduced in the end. Will it stay 17” wide or will some of the big surface root have to be reduced also. I think in the end it will be a slant style kind of like I have it in picture.