Quercus Robur taproot relevance

Hello,
Does anyone have any science behind the relevance of the tap root in quercus robur? I keep hearing… what I call “bro science” about it and how the oak keep most of it’s carbs in the taproot but I can find no actual science behind it. I will repeat, just for the sake of it, actual science, not “I cut the taproot and the tree died” or similar personal experiences.
Thank you!

Here are some items I found doing a simple search of the literature. I know it is not exactly what you were looking for, but from reading the abstracts it looks like cutting the taproot will result in the development of roots at the cut site that strive to become new taproots with minimal branching. The roots around the collar will grow laterally and branch more.

Open access articles
Functional response of Quercus robur L. to taproot pruning: a 5-year case study | SpringerLink

(PDF) Comparative Criteria for Models of the Vascular Transport Systems of Tall Trees (researchgate.net)

Limited access articles
Seedling regeneration techniques affect root systems and the response of Quercus robur seedlings to water shortages - ScienceDirect

Development of root system in pedunculate oak (Quercus robur L.) from sowing and planting (researchgate.net)

The growth of shoots and lateral roots of Quercus robur L. seedlings following simulated undercutting | SpringerLink

Thanks you. Those I found but they talk little about resourse storage and they talk about seedlings.
Keeping the hope that someone, somewhere, has a study on mature trees.
Or atleast good observations on yamadori robur.