Post a photo of a wild old tree for inspiration

Jardine Juniper - 1500-3200 years old.

Anyone else want to clean the live vein and Deadwood. Then fertilize this spring.

10 Likes

Awesome tree! :heart_eyes: There’s a similar thread if you’d like to view more.

Oaks at Blenheim Palace outside Oxford. Off the usual path toward the kitchen garden. I think of Churchill walking around these oaks…

13 Likes

Beautiful trees! Thank you

Lol…would love too !

Great photo!

Thanks for sharing!

Very nice Oaks @Sheltone. I remember reading that there is a high concentration (nearly a thousand) of veteran oaks of 400+ years old in the greater Blenheim estate (High Park). Will have to visit sometime, though I think High Park itself is not open to the public. :pensive:

2 Likes

Ancient pitch pine with an enormous nebari

9 Likes

Wow. I don’t think I could handle too many more like that.! I about fell over when I saw these. My husband, pictured in the photo, was impressed but began to lose interest after about an hour of me walking round the 10 or so there. He’s British, so maybe just used to that sort of Oak :wink:

2 Likes

Haha yes, apparently England has more ancient oaks (Q. robur) than every other country combined, so we’re just used to that sort of Oak. :laughing:

In reality though, most people would walk past without giving an F that another living thing has stood there, living, for 900-1000+ years. :roll_eyes: So an hour’s pretty good!

1 Like

4 Likes

Impressive trunk movement…

2 Likes

This is the Royal Oak from Meavy, Dartmoor, UK
It is said that visitors think the railings are to keep people out, but the locals know that they are really to keep the tree in!

6 Likes