Notes on the Streams

I love the Mirai Live streams.i fully appreciate not wanting to put something in print. Being the owner of around 200 books on bonsai and a complete set of Bonsai Today Magazines, I appreciate the limitations of the media as well as the fact that it gets dated. Much easier to replace a stream.
That being said, I have always learned best by taking detailed notes. More having the streams to go back to, along with approximate time stands to use as guidance,I find i can get the most out of the material presented.
I find that Ryan Neil often presents valuable information in flurries. When with the recorded streams and being able to go forward and backward on multiples of 10 seconds intervals depending on how many times you tap each side of the screen. I find i often had to re+listen to pages multiple times to try to ensure I did not miss anything
Below is a listing of the streams I have noted for.i am hoping the this becomes a collaborative effort by Members of the community. The notes are in no way an effort to replace, but an effort to supplement the streams. You need to watch the streams. The notes below represent weeks of not months of effort. Even with that effort there are misspelling and confused content present. By and large the notes I have reviewed are mostly correct.
The name of the more is the name of the stream. The date is the date recorded.
List of Streams
LECTURE SERIES
Shin-Mirai Lecture Series
The Vortex-Mirai Lecture Series
Dynamic Design-Mirai Lecture Series
Stages of Bonsai Development-Mirai Lecture Series
Bonsai Aftercare-Mirai Lecture Series
Azelea Fundamentals with Joe HarrisMirai Lecture Series
Azelea Fundamentals Slides
Watering 101-Mirai Lecture Series
Bonsai Nutrition-Mirai Lecture Series
Bonsai Energy Management-Mirai Lecture Series
Bonsai Design Gestalt Sept 2023
Tree Vascular Physiology: Mirai Lecture Series Oct 2023

Wiring
Structural Wiring-Mirai Live Feb 2018
Detail Wiring Pt.1-Mirai Live May 2018
Detail Wiring Pt. 2-Mirai Live May 2018

Q+A
Forum Q+A 19-Mirai Live
Live QA 236-Mirai Live

BSOP
BSOP SPRING FUNDAMENTALS Mar 2017
BSOP ENERGY DISTRIBUTION Apr2017
BSOP GROWTH PERPETUATION May 2017
BSOP PAST GROWTH MANAGEMENT Jun 2017
BSOP FALL PHYSIOLOGY SEPT 2017W
BSOP INTER PREPARATION Oct 2017
BSOP WINTER CARE Nov 2017

Other
Apical Formation Nov 2019
Beginner Series: Repotting Feb 2020
Carving and Branch Selection-Mirai Live
Cascade Dynamic Design Mar 2023D
Deciduous Design Late Sum-Mirai Live Aug 2023
Deciduous Apex Creation Jun 2020N
Deciduous Dynamic Design Mar 2023
Deciduous Nursery Stock Refinement Dec 2022H
How To Make a Juniper Bonsai-Mirai Live
Juniper Structure Dec 2018
Mountain Hemlock Creation Part 1 Jul 2022
Mountain Hemlock Creation Part 2 Jul 2022
Mountain Hemlock Design Aug 2018P
Pinching Techniques-Mirai Live
Second Repotting on a Ponderosa Pine-Mirai YouTube
Soil Sifting and Particle Size Feb 2022
Telperion Farms Horticulture-Mirai Live
Trident Maple Energy Distribution-Mirai Live
Understanding Soil-Mirai Live
Taxus Repotting Apr 2019
Taxus Spring Work-Mirzi Live
Trident Maple Energy Distribution May 2023E
Extended Cleaning May. 2018
Wisteria Growth Management June 2022
Wisteria Secondary Design Apr2023
Deciduous Colander Repot Apr 2023

2 Likes

If you would like any of these notes, please contact me

I agree, it’s difficult to determine which videos to watch and in which order when you’re just getting started. I’ve gone through multiple iterations of trying to organize the content in a way that makes sense to me. What I found is after a certain point you start to understand the fundamentals and start seeing the commonalities between things. I have by no means gotten to the point where things make sense across the board but I can see the forest starting to thin;) I think your list is pretty good and is roughly the order that I would probably suggest to someone new as well! The one outlier would be the azalea lectures, if you’re not keen on azaleas. Those are of limited help.

The main Azelea Stream documentedis one of the z lecture Series. I watch and document all of Tujunga Lecture a Series Streams. I do like Azelea and has several 15 years ago before i ended up in the hospital for 10 Cathy’s and without care all my Bonsai died. They seem to be oneof the more popular deciduous evergreens.
BTW- do you listen to streams multiple times? If not do you feel you caught everything important the first listen? If so, do you pick upmore on subsequent listens?
I do. Which is why i started taking notes. Please ask for one you believe tippy are familiar with. Shin and Watering Lecture Series would be a great place to start. Then ask for the notes and let me know if they add anything?
Thanks for replying