New Dennis Vojtilla podcast is up

If you don’t already subscribe what are you waiting for???

https://feed.podbean.com/bonsaimirai/feed.xml

3 Likes

OMG, he shot some feature content! I get entirely too excited about bonsai lol.

4 Likes

Finally finished it. Oh man there is a great vault of information there.

1 Like

I’m on my third time through in a row lol.

2 Likes

First thought was “ooofff! 3 hours!” I’ve now listened twice with notes taken. Gold! Bonsai Gold!

Thanks Dennis and Ryan!

:derelict_house: :derelict_house:

2 Likes

I listen to it at 1.5x or 2x speed. :smirk:

1 Like

Yeah. I do the same on the live stream archives.

:derelict_house: :derelict_house:

1 Like

Anxiously awaiting the feature content… hint, hint

2 Likes

I think it may be happening tonight. :smiley:

Dang, it wasn’t tonight, but it was nice to have a live stream. I need to become a pro member. :cry:

Yeah I assume it’ll be out in the next few weeks. Featured content usually drops on a Wednesday :slight_smile:

Yeah, after last night I’m now hoping that it’s not a replacement for a Tuesday live stream. I didn’t realize how much I enjoy the back and forth between Ryan and others.

That podcast was a gold mine of information. Cant wait to listen to it another time!

1 Like

psst

https://live.bonsaimirai.com/library/video/dennis-vojtilla-deciduous-pruning

3 Likes

Man, that was cool to see that in person. I’m going to be watching my acer palmatum like a hawk lol. :eyes:

1 Like

Great podcast, great visual support. Thank you Dennis for sharing your knowledge. Great job Ryan and Mirai team.

2 Likes

Dennis was right about the maple seeds!! I had a tray of maple seeds that had already turned brown but not fallen off of the tree. After over a month in the flat there’s still no sign of germination. I have a tray of rubrum seeds I pulled just before the propellers started to dry out. They germinated just after a couple of weeks. I’m on my way towards my forest grouping. :grin:

I get decent germination of dried maple seeds if I soak them for 24 hours and then over winter in the flats outside. However, I think Dennis has a good point about using fresher seed. In colder climates we might need to provide winter protection since they are apt to sprout in the fall.

I soaked mine too, but I may not have had them out in the cold long enough. My two elm flats worked out, so I’ll have enough for now. I’ll give it another shot next year.