How do folks overwinter Mediterranean and similar trees/shrubs that can often handle some frost in cold weather areas that would kill them outside? I have have had mixed results with some of mine. Here are my results, but would like to get additional feedback and expand the list for others.
- Bougainvillea - inside in a sunny window. Can tolerate a light frost.
- Pomegranate - inside in a sunny window. Have also kept in the cool (just above freezing) greenhouse for a few weeks before coming inside.
- Olive - kept it inside the first year and it did well. Does it need some dormancy - cool greenhouse for a few weeks?
- Rosemary - does OK over winter inside and then slowly dies during the spring and summer (twice).
- Coast live oak - cool greenhouse seems to work, but mine are seedlings.
Please add your experience and other species. - Marty