Larix decidua - design

Hello everyone, I have recently styled this Larix witch i’m having trouble with, for I’ve made many beginers misstakes on it. And I am a bit hesitant witch way should I take it. What do you think ?
First image Is the recent design. Other pics virts.

1 Like

Personally I like the first image. I would be more tempted to try and develop the branches you have and go from there.

The pictures do make the silhouette look flat. If you can put some more movement in the lowest branch as there are a few straight sections. But you already have wire in place so you could easily put some more movement into it. Personally I would be tempted to bring the branch towards the trunk and the viewer.

I like what you’ve done with it. I like the long defining branch. I think that you work on increasing the ramification for a few years and then tweak the design as necessary.

Truth Is I don’t really want to get rid of that long branch, but there seems to be something Wrong about the balance of the whole thing… I would say the crown should go continuously to the right instead of catching back abouve the base
???

1 Like

Another solution to IT would be changing the angle of bedding. It might loose on dynamics (not that there Is whole bunch ) but Feels better, doesn’t IT?

I like the original slanting to the right position. Plus that looks like a round pot, so you want the apex to be outside the rim of the pot. Changing the trunk to a vertical orientation looks too static in my opinion.

1 Like

Thank you for your opinion Roger_Snipes, I really appreciate IT. I Will probbably go on until the tree Is more ramified And then I’ll see. Don’t want to spoil IT after that many years of caring :slight_smile: And also trying to get most out of IT.

1 Like

Thank you for your opinion Grif, appreciate IT. The observation about straight parts of long branch Is on place. I’ll try to fix that… although IT Is straight just from this angle of view ( but front Is front)

1 Like

Definitely keep the long branch. If you shortened the whole top looks disproportionate to the trunk and it rather looks like baobab than larch.
Also I like it leaning to the side. You are right it somehow works to change the angle to straight upwards but it makes it a bit boring .
Lovely tree and ramification will make a valuable bonsai out of it :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Well Anna, thank you for baobab comment. That long branch Is Now definitively staying :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I tried to find some old pics of this tree And found only one from 2015… I’m not sure, but think i dug it 2013-14.

2 Likes

something like this maybe

2 Likes

Hey Vaclav,

Nice tree!

The current design draws your eye to the circle made by the branch, see the picture below. I love the long branch and would try to reflect its movement in the branch that currently makes the circle.

I think Darren’s suggestion is very good, it makes the it so the branches reflects each others movement.

Keep up the good work!

/Erik

2 Likes