Is the affordable bonsai pot a thing of the past?

The joy of pots is that we have choices Keith thankfully. I have a number of British made pots along with European, Japanese and Chinese. I’ve also been stung by a British potter who never got commissions from me again. (he no longer trades). My point is just that I know a number of these guys well and I feel they earn what they charge. Over many years I never got rid of pots and then a couple of years back I filled the car with what I wasn’t using and took them to Staverton boot sale. You are correct about bargains at boot sales, I returned with an empty car as they were fairly priced. I just wanted the bench space.

2 Likes

How about this then. I just bought a pot from the U.K. £175. I live in Spain. After fighting with customs for nearly three weeks. Having to file power of attorneys and provide personal information my pot has finally been cleared via customs with a €83 charge. So to put it together. My £175 pot has cost me with exchange rates etc. €294 I was falling in love with ceramics might have to re think the U.K. route. :grinning::grinning: it would be cheeper pre lockdown to fly to the U.K. and carry the pot back.

2 Likes

Ya, but you would have to buy it a separate seat, covid test, and a drink or two to seal the deal.
Gota be one heck of a pot…
What we do for this Bonsai adiction…
God! I love spell check replacing words…

2 Likes

What’s crazy is the a Covid test (PCR) used to be €130. It’s available now at the airport €58
You got to love capitalism.

1 Like

Check out iker bonsai he has pretty reasonable priced pots and the ones I’ve purchased are good quality.

4 Likes