Fallen ponderosa

hello everyone, I recently collected a my first yamadori ponderosa a few months ago from Golden arrow Bonsai and was having good luck until today. We have been having a bit of a heat wave lately in South Dakota (100F+) and I came home to my tree tipped over due to wind (lesson learned) no damage though thankfully to the tree but I did lose some soil exposing a few white roots. I quickly covered them with new soil and secured the tree! but with the heat I’m a little concerned for the health of the tree since its newly collected and potted. the needles just started pushing and was in good health till this point. should I be worried about the heat even more? move in shade? are the roots okay? any advice or reassurance would be much appreciated

1 Like

Not much to do now but wait and watch. Protect from wind and afternoon sun. If you have a spot with morning sun and dappled light the rest of the day I’d move it there for now. Tie it down wherever it goes. It looks very healthy and bushy so it will be a bit of a sail and prone to tip over in wind.

Good luck!! :+1:

1 Like

Ciao,il pino ora gode di ottima salute,però quando fa molto caldo ti conviene spostarlo all’ombra,attento anche alle innaffiature poiché il caldo secco asciuga rapidamente il terriccio del vaso.

1 Like

I’ll echo what Moon said, and just add that I’d give it plenty of TLC for the next couple of months as it adjusts to your climate and environment. Remember that trees live at a much slower pace than we do!

(Nice tree - you’re going to have fun styling it. :smiley: )

1 Like