What does everyone think?

4 Likes

It’s a nice tree. A perfect start. It is time to say goodbye to your free and roomy garden in the background :joy:
Not much time and all will be full of trees.

4 Likes

A good start, but the vertical to horizontal to vertical movement does not sit right with me. I would try to get the initial movement from the pot at an angle and then round out the curves in the trunk a bit.

2 Likes

I totally see that now. I’ll make some adjustments. Thank you!:grin:

1 Like

Another thought to consider, you have a large mass of soil supporting only about 30 leaves. I would let this blow out for a couple of years and work on wiring to shape as that happens. But agree with the others, kiss your yard goodbye… hehe.

2 Likes

That is the plan and yes, it has already begun.:rofl: I bought a 12 year old ice dragon maple ( getting air layered), then my wife bought me a Japanese maple ( getting air layered) as an early bday gift, and I may have got a 4 year old arakawa maple last night​:wink:.

I’ve never met the man, but I blame Ryan Neil. My wife, as well as my bank account, have beef with him.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Bonsai are like potato chips… you can’t eat just one… just try… no way, no how…ain’t gonna happen…:wink:

4 Likes

I told my wife that I only wanted a couple trees and she said “What!? Why? I like bonsai gardens”. I may have picked a winner. :laughing:

4 Likes

Stay off the web store…the pots are to die for. I feel like when I was a kid looking through the Sears Christmas catalog. I want this. Oh, and this. Oh man, that’s awesome! That one too! Might look at getting second job if you can’t stay out of the web store.
Good Luck!

2 Likes