Possible bonsai pot alternatives?

That makes sense if you didn’t notice it.

This technique is essentially the process of Deflection of the root system right?

From what I’ve read so far, the secondary growth of roots starts at, and goes on for longer, at the coarse roots at the base of the stem. And a “Zone of Rapid Taper” (ZRT)develops around the base of the trunk aka Nebari.

Caused by roots having insufficient soil volume and hard landscaping (object) close to the stem.

Paraphrasing - At the top, where there is little to impede growth, horizontal roots in ZRT often see greater increases in the diameter at the top of the root resulting in I or T shaped ellipses. A “T-beam” shape is the result of a root being on the leeward or protected side of the wind.

I wonder:

1. Can you add horizontal tension to the tree to represent a constant “wind” and encourage large T-beam root nebari to develop stronger on the leeward side?

2. Can you place other objects in a variety of shapes to further customize the nebari flares direction/height/diameter? And customize the development of the nebari to your aesthetic during early development.