New Bonsai Garden

Lol there’s no Design needed, this is all you could ever ask for already. Just set your benches up and stock it! :joy::joy:

The summer temps will require overhead shade cloth for sure, but WOW what a spot, an incredible view.

That is a DREAM spot…beautiful. Excited to see more

Updaaaaaaate ussssssssssssssss!

2 Likes

Well. Spain has had more rain in the last two weeks than I can ever remember. But looking good for the weekend. Wall is to be painted. We have Eleagnus, lavender and some grasses to plant. Pictures soon.

2 Likes

Work continues. 72f in Spain today.

6 Likes

I read in an earlier post you will need shade, but do the winds get strong enough to blow the bamboo screen you are using? I think a sturdier structure for shade will be needed. I have had very bad experiences with unexpected winds that were not predicted by our local meteorologists. Maybe your weather is much milder than mine, but I always look at the worst case and plan to protect the trees that so much time has been invested in. :thinking:

The topography of the surrounding area is that we can get high winds. However behind the screening is a twenty ft drop covered by olive trees, so this acts as a natural wind break, it is also fixed to a fence. The screening is more of an asthectic and to stop local goats being nosey!!! This area of the garden was chose specifically for its full and semi shade exposure. More pictures to follow as we progress.

I think gravel between benches is a good idea. It allows you to damp down in the summer and pots are less likely to crack if they get blown off.

1 Like

7 Likes

Wow that’s an amazing spot for a bonsai garden.

1 Like

Man, this is such an epic spot for a garden. Trying to turn down the envy but it’s hard. Looking great so far.

2 Likes

Wow. Simply wow. I can not wait to see the finished garden. Beautiful place.

1 Like

image image work continues. Benches installed. It’s a slow process. But we’re starting to get somewhere now

12 Likes

Link to a walk around the garden. Still lots too do and everything done by my own hand.
Bonsai area just containing a few trees. My main trees still to be brought down to the garden from the courtyard.

8 Likes

Like the benches, what ate they made from… is it a long tile or plastic cladding. Looks great.

1 Like

It’s a long terracota tile used in construction here. They don’t rot, the sun can be super extreme here. I chose to use them for there longevity and small cost.

2 Likes

Just moved into a new house this past week. I have a blank slate to work with for my new garden. I am planning a mostly traditional Japanese strolling garden with my benches blended in. The garden will encompass about a 1/4 acre of the 4 we bought. There is also a small pond that is both spring and stream fed. Gets a little more shade than I was use to but it will be a ease to create a new place from step one.

10 Likes

the garden slowly starting to take shape.

12 Likes

I just made a collage ‘before and after’ in my head looking at first picture of your garden at the top of this tread and the last one posted … wow and well done @Nicknjh23 :+1:

1 Like