My 2 most recent Juniper re-pots (both Nursery Stock) seem to be struggling. I have not wired and the larger one I tried to prune as little as possible to allow the roots to recover a bit and practically zero pruning on the small one (which i don’t think is actually a procumbens (no fertilizer for either). Granted I’m in Florida and rainy season is in full swing, so between the cloud cover and high humidity most of my plants have needed very little watering (despite a very well draining mix using akadama, lava rock and pumice). The 2 others I potted the same way and even after winning a long battle against mealybugs, they are bright green and seem to be doing much better. Is it just because of the time of year I chose to re-pot? I have 3 more to re-pot and was curious if I should wait. Also, is there a preferred schedule for going from Nursery Stock to Bonsai (i.e.- leave in nursery pot to do initial cleanup and determine my front, then wait xx days/weeks/months to recover, then re-pot and wait xx days/weeks/months to recover, then wire ,etc…)
Ps - the stand is usually closer to screen I had to close the storm shutters for a few hours because of the recent Hurricane. When the weather is clear they get several hours of direct morning sun.