Help with organizing structure thoughts

I found this large larch. Love love larch
Not much where I am for product options.

So it’s clearly needs to have initial structure set. Branches cut.
I have been looking at this objectively and see a possible chop to make it smaller or simply angle it more and Shari or Jin the back.

But I would love some advice here. So WWRD (what would Ryan Do) with a large specimen like this?

2 Likes

Man, I’m jealous. I too love larch. As far as WWRD, he’d clean it first. Looks like the nebari is already found.

I would not do a chop on this one. It has beautiful movement and a nice soft natural taper. After cleaning I’d identify your primary branch and set it. Let that dictate the rest of the design and silhouette. Without seeing a full rotation I’d say that the fourth pic is your front.

Like the reef tank. Makes me miss mine. Don’t miss the maintenance though. :weary:

1 Like

Nice larch and lovely bulldog :slight_smile:

Find your front first, then select branches.

I agree with the comments above. Pictures against a less busy background would make it easier to give specific feedback.

Why did you bring it into a space where food is prepared??

https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile?pid=541

Use disinfectant spray an wipes and keep soil out of the kitchen. Good practice is to wear gloves when working with any garden soil.
Oh yeah… nice tree.
:persevere:

That fourth photo down has my vote for your front. Great possibilities and great tree!