Post-Stream Discussion: Literati Design

I absolutely love this tree.

1 Like

I like both jins. I agree with WLKeugene. They fit the movement to the right with the longer jin right of the shorter one. Additionally, removing unique features provided by Mother Natureā€™s hard work should be venerated and not removed without very good reasons. They are also monuments and clues to the treeā€™s story. Wouldnā€™t this stimulate viewers interest in the tree, apart of which is understanding the bonsaiā€™s story and mysteries?

I donā€™t know about balance but the asymmetry of the jin gives more interest ( doesnā€™t perfect balance make some trees boring?).

2 Likes

Yes. Hmmm at least 20 characters hm?

Anyone remember that old show ā€œThe Little Rascalsā€? The version with jins reminds me of ā€œAlfalfaā€, who always had a bit of hair sticking up!
LOLā€¦
Flex

Perhaps Mirai should institute a ā€œName the Tree Contestā€ after the tree in each Stream?

1 Like

I really like this idea! @DavidJ

Well, donā€™t take my suggestion too seriously. We kinda of got into it during a Live Stream last autumn naming the tree ā€œSpookyā€. It was fun. People got really animated. However, good fun can turn sour really fast. We donā€™t want that to happen.

Initially I felt that some of the bonsai names were a bit pretentious. Some can capture the look or feeling the namer gets from the tree. It can be quiet and understated. Even personal. Some bonsai friends have offered names that I adopted without hesitation. In some cultures naming (for people) is very sacred. We have to give the concept respect. Ultimately we have to recognize the owner makes the call.